NEED TO HIRE A VENUE?
The Playhouse - 198 Church Street, Timaru
THE SOUTH CANTERBURY DRAMA LEAGUE CAN HELP!
Description of Premises
THE AUDITORIUM contains comfortable seating for 98 people. The stage area is 9.4 metres x 7.2 metres and can be curtained back and sides. A full lighting grid is installed. Lights & cueing system are available for hire.
Adjacent to the auditorium is the lounge and bar. The use of the bar is only possible if a licence has been arranged - three weeks’ notice is required. A kitchen is available. The whole area can be heated.
THE LOUNGE offers a flexible and comfortable area available for theatre and arts related meetings, luncheons and cocktail parties.
PLAYSPACE @ The Playhouse is a multi-purpose room available for rehearsals, theatrical workshops and a variety of performance types. The room can seat up to 98 people depending upon seating configuration.
REHEARSAL ROOM is a large room available as rehearsal, workshop and tuition space.
General Conditions of Hire
· The SCDL is not for profit. It is a community organisation registered as a charity and its primary object is theatre productions and the fostering of drama in the community.
· The Leagues’ activities take precedence in the use of The Playhouse and the Board has the right to decline requests. When the bar is operating under licence it will be operated by SCDL members and proceeds will go to the League.
· Operation of the lighting control equipment will be carried out by SCDL approved operators.
· Access to be building will be arranged at the time of hire.
· A member of SCDL must be available for security when the Playhouse is hired. The hirer will appoint one person to liaise with SCDL during the hire period.
· Premises must be left clean and tidy and extra charges will be made for breakages and damage.
· The car park must be vacated by 11pm. The venue is a non-smoking one.